You may ask, what prompted me to ask a pastor for the first time on this podcast? I wanted to have Scott on this podcast because I heard that when he moved from New York City to Nashville, Christ Pres had many people leave. As Scott described it, this was a rebuilding effort. Several years in, Christ Pres has grown and planted multiple campuses around the city of Nashville, TN. In addition to this, I found Scott’s leadership style unique since Christ Presbyterian gives away over 40% of their income each year.
This was a fun conversation where we cover:
- What a rebuilding effort looks like and what to expect
- His own struggle with approval. What he has learned to lead by principles and not by politics
- Why leading a large Church teaches you your limitations. Why the needs are overwhelming and what this has taught him about control
- What he’s learning about planting campuses in the 5th most diverse city in the United States and how to give people what they need
- Building an organization bigger than yourself. What he is doing to make succession a smooth process
- And more!
Scott’s also the author of five books, and you can find those here: https://scottsauls.com/books/
Please enjoy this week’s episode with Scott Sauls!