Whitmor started in Brooklyn, New York, in 1946; over 75 years later, it is running strong.
This is a great story that goes deep into this family’s history of:
- Evolving from a manufacturer to an importer when Walmart changed the game, they, like many others, had to stay alive.
- Choosing not to take private equity to preserve their control for future generations of their family
- Building a company that connects the story of what they do to its own people to navigate the great resignation among the workforce
- Strategic acquisitions that continue to position the company in a strong position
- Plus much more!
Please enjoy this episode with Scott Felsenthal!
- Scott Felsenthal- https://www.linkedin.com/in/scottfelsenthal/
- Make it to 4th generation- https://www.johnson.cornell.edu/smith-family-business-initiative-at-cornell/resources/family-business-facts/
- Whitmor: https://whitmor.com/
- Great resignation: https://fortune.com/2022/07/21/great-resignation-40-percent-want-to-quit-where-are-they-going/